Review : HolikaHolika Pore Sea Stem Cover Balm

Hello dears,

I just realized that I haven't been posting anything since beginning of this month. Well, actually I still have some items that I haven't reviewed yet. Today, I will give you a review about one of my newest item: Pore Sea Stem Cover Balm from HolikaHolika.


First, I need to remind you again that I have oily-combination and acne prone skin. And, oh, those very big pores around my cheek and nose. Sometimes ago, someone told me that my pores are very visible. And it hurts me so much :'( So I decided that I need something to cover my pores so that it will be less visible.

Then, I searched about several pore cover items and decided to try Holika's Pore sea stem cover balm. Why I choose this one? Because this is the only readily available pore cover in my favorite online shop. There's no Holika's store around my area and I will go to a small faraway town for 2 months, so I can't buy the pre-order items from Korea.

Let's continue to the review.
Pore sea stem cover balm comes in cute blue package and has nice smell. It's slightly sweet smell. But, since I need to use finger to take the balm, I think it's a bit unhygienic. I have to make sure that my fingers are clean before using the product.

pic.1. package of HolikaHolika's Pore sea stem cover balm

I don't really know what's the purpose of this item. Is it supposed to minimize the appearance of pores? Or just cover it? Well, from experience, this product JUST cover my skin. My skin feels rather smooth after using this balm and applying BB creams feels easier. I think it has a bit of oil control, but I'm not really sure about it. But, it DOESN'T minimize the appearance of my pores at all. Those big pores are still staying there :'(

pic.2.Usage instruction on the box

There's also other bad news. After doing further research on websites, I think that this product has a lot of silicone. So, it might be bad for people who has sensitive skin. (cry cry).

Perhaps this product works for some people, but I think it's not for me. Now, I'm just using it sometimes when I want to apply BB creams easier.

That's all of my review. Have a nice day :)

===============================
EDIT :
I change my opinion about this balm!

I move to a town with cooler temperature for internship program. Here I usually use the Pore Cover Balm before using BB cream. This product made my skin looks better. I apply the balm around my nose, cheek, and forehead where the pores are really visible. After waiting several minutes I apply the BB cream and voila! My skin looks better. Big pores are less visible. This balm also prevent my skin from getting oily.

About the silicone, I believe that this balm contains safe amount of silicone. My acne prone skin do not react badly to this balm. But, I use it only once in two days (I'm still aware of the silicone in this product). Now, this balm is one of my HG product for my daily office look :)

I think this is perfect for my daily office life :)

Comments

Popular Posts