Review : Hada Labo Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening Lotion + Milk

Hello dears,

Today is April Mop! :) But don't worry I won't play any pranks in this post. I give my review based on my real experience just for you :)

In this post I will give you a review about Hada Labo Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening : Lotion and Milk. HadaLabo is a skincare series from Japan, but they currently also producing their products in a factory in Indonesia. I wanted to try this skincare because it was sold in a drugstore in my neighborhood. At that time I browsed in the internet and found out that this brand already have their factory in Indonesia, that's why their price was reduced a lot compared to buying it online from Japan.


I bought two products from the whitening line. At that time I wanted to give moisture and brighten my skin tone. That's why I bought the ultimate whitening lotion and milk. Hada Labo is known for the skincare line that contains hyaluroic acid, the substance that can keep water in our skin so our skin will be hydrated very well. The whitening line also contains arbutin and vit.C to brighten the skin.

fig.1. Hada Labo shirojyun ultimate whitening lotion and milk

The lotion is like a toner. It has water like consistency and doesn't contain any fragrance. It's just like water. But this lotion contains Hyaluroic Acid which give hydration to our skin. Apply it by pouring some drops to your palm, then pat to your face gently. Just 2 - 3 drops will be enough to make your skin looks moisturized.
fig.2. Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion

The milk it self just looks like a milk, but has thicker consistency than our usual milk (drinking milk has watery consistency of course.. ) The application is almost the same as the lotion. But, this milk is very moisturizing. I use it in a very very small amount (just one drop!) and it already moisturizes my whole face and the other one drop for my neck. I have oily combination skin, so I don't really like using the milk since it makes my face looks more oily :( The milk also needs some times to be fully absorbed by my skin. But if I use in the right amount, it already give my skin moisture but won't make it looks oily either.

fig.3.Hada Labo Shirojyun Milk

How about the effects? It actually gave a lot of moisture to my skin. It made my skin looks plumper and healthier. As for the brightening, my friend said that my skin looked brighter just after 3 days usage.

But, the big downside is.... it made me breakout! The first time I used it I had small pimple. But then I continued since many people said that it was the purging effect, where the skincare working in your skin and your skin is adapting to the skincare. But then I had some big bad pimples after some days of usage and I decided to stop to see if this skincare is the cause of the pimples. And seems like it was true. When I tried to use them again, I got the same redness again. After that I decided to stop using this product.

Perhaps my skin was too sensitive for this rich product. Beside, I've never succeeded with any whitening skincare. They usually makes me breakout. It's very disappointing since this skincare is very effective in moisturizing and brightening my face. I just can't take the breakout side effect. Until now I just use this skincare to my body because it gives moisture as well as brightening my skin :)

Will I buy it again? Perhaps no. I don't want to make any pimples reappear in my face. Beside, now I can find skincare lines that is very safe for my acne prone skin (no whitening effect of course). But, perhaps Hada Labo Shirojyun will work for other people well, because this product has an amazing hydrating and brightening effect.

That's all of my review about Hada Labo Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening Lotion and Milk. I hope this post can help you :)

Have a nice day ~

With Love,

Lynn

Comments

  1. very helpful indeed c:

    i do have one questions though; is it okay to use on the rest of your body besides the face ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it is really ok or not, but I just use it :) lol
      There's no problem in my skin though, since skin on other part of body is less sensitive than the face :)

      Delete
  2. Why not try using the hydrating version not the whitening version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply >.<
      Well, I'm just a curious person to a skincare brand, so I tried this version to see if I will get a success with a whitening skincare (I wanted to have brighter skin, but now I favor a gorgeous tan more :D ).
      And, yes now I'm using hydrating skincare line, but unfortunately not from this brand :) Maybe I'm still afraid that those big bumps will reappear.
      And my current skincare regime works very nice, so I don't think I will change it in the near future :)

      Delete
  3. Hi :) I have the same reaction on my face..but I waited for 2 weeks before using it again and it worked well :) If you want moisture and whitening and safe try out Laneige White plus renew original essence..that's my favorite whitening essence everrrr! Btw..I really have sensitive skin and allergy prone skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late reply :)
      Next time if I want to use it again maybe I'll try to do the same :D
      But, currently I am no longer favoring whitening products. I'm loving tanned but moisturized skin. A change of heart (lol)
      Laneige is a very good skincare brand, but I haven't tried any of its products. Maybe if I finish my current skincare regime, I might want to try Laneige. Thanks for your reccomendation :D

      Delete
  4. I also have the same problem! I have used Hada Labo AHA Cleanser for a month with good result, so when I ran out of it, I decided to buy and try the Shirojyun and Gokujyun pack. The Gokujyun made my skin soo shiny and puffy but otherwise its alright. However the Shirojyun made my skin so red and bumpy the next morning! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts