FOTD: Natural Sweet Makeup

Hello Dear Readers,

Today I'm going to show you my recent makeup. I don't think I'm ready for any bold look, because I've tried several bold look and I always failed (T^T) So, I'm going to show a natural but sweet and noticeable makeup. I also going to share the products that I use.

Natural Sweet Look




The first thing I always do before makeup, is preparing my skin with primer. Preparing with primer is essential to help giving easier makeup application and longer lasting makeup. It also help me to prevent the makeup products clogging my pores.

After primer
Next, I apply eye makeup. I prefer applying eye makeup first before anything else. I use Sleek I Divine Au Naturel Palette to create this look. This palette has earth toned natural eye shadow color which are very suitable to create natural look. The colors I used are circled in the picture below.

Sleek Au Naturel Palette. Colors Being used are circled.
I have pretty dark eyelid. That's why I use yellow and orange toned matte shadow  (honeycomb and toast) on my entire lid to brighten it up. Then I apply matte brown color (Bark) on my crease to contour and create depth. I have hooded eyelid, so creating depth around my eye is necessary. Blend the bark color using blending brush, so that there wouldn't be any harsh lines left. Apply the matte brown color 1/3 part of the lower lash line, starting from the outer corner. Make sure to apply it very lightly, we don't want to have dark under eye. Then using ring finger, apply a little bit darker brown color (conker) on the outer V. We wan't to create soft eye look, so blend the darker brown color nicely. Finally to catch the light and brighten up your eye, dab just a little bit of white shimmery color (Taupe) in the middle of the lid.

For the eyeliner, I use brown pencil gel liner from Peripera Smoothie liner. I don't use black, because I want to keep my eye looking as soft as possible. Apply the brown eyeliner as close as possible to the lash line and follow the natural lash line shape. Then, for the inner corner, I use white gel pencil liner. Finish the eye look with mascara and brush the eyebrow to make it look nice. I have naturally full eyebrow, so I don't use eyebrow pencil. But, if you're not, you'll need to fill your eyebrow using eyebrow powder/pencil.

Soft brown eye, final look
For the rest of the face, I apply concealer to cover my under eye circle (I have pretty bad panda eyes) and some acne scars on my face. But, I have to say that I'm not really impressed with my concealer. It makes my panda eyes more obvious and it tends to settle into fine lines, making my under eye wrinkle more obvious. On this look I only apply powder foundation with sheer coverage. Then I apply blush on.

For the lip, I don't use any lipstick/tint. I only apply nude lip gloss. By the way, the lip gloss I use is my newly bought lip gloss from Edward Bess in Nude Satin. I love it since it gives very natural finish and it doesn't dried up my lips.

Here's the before-after look :

before
after
The final look is soft and natural. The concept is: "It's still you, but better". This make up is wearable for everyday look or on a date where you want your partner to see your naturally sweet side.

FYI, the products I use on this look:
Primer:

  • Holika Holika Pore Sea Stem Cover Balm
  • Zoeva Eye Primer
Eye Makeup:
  • Sleek iDivine Au Naturel Palette
  • Peripera Smoothie pencil liner - Golden Brown and Shimmer Beige
  • Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara
Face Makeup:
  • Etude House Surprice Essence Concealer - Natural Beige
  • Rachel K Mineral CC pressed powder - Deep
  • NYX blush - peach
Lip:
  • Crazy Rumors Lip balm
  • Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip gloss - Nude Satin
Tools:
  • Sigma F84 - Angled Kabuki brush -> to apply powder foundation
  • BH cosmetics eco brush set


With love,


Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts