My Secret Recipe: Face Cleansing Method

Hello Dears,

It has been a veery long time since my last post. Dears, who want to have a crystal clear skin?? Well, all of you, of course. And me too! Right now I'm still struggling to obtain better skin as well as doing prevention from aging. I did a lot of research trough beauty blogs and Youtube beauty gurus on the right way to take care of our skin. From discussion trough beauty forums, reading beauty blogs, and watching skincare videos, finally I found my favorite way of skin cleansing.


In skincare routine, I thought that moisturizing skin is the most important part. But, recently I change my way of thinking. I remembered that when I was in high school and in my early college days, I had severe acne problem due to my facial cleanser. I, who used to think that face cleansing is the second important thing in skincare, began to wonder if my way of thinking was wrong. And it was! I realized that no matter how good my moisturizer is, it won't be absorbed optimally into my skin if I didn't do a proper cleansing. Then, I began to look for the way of proper face cleansing.

There are a lot of face cleansing method out there. My cleansing routine is the combination of any cleansing method that I found suitable for my skin. FYI, I have oily-combination skin, acne-prone skin, several scars, and big pores. Here are my current cleansing routine.

STEP 1:  Makeup removal
I only do this step if I previously used makeup, so there's no need to do this in the morning. You can use makeup remover, cleansing oil, cleansing milk, or cleansing cream. Just make sure that your makeup is at least 95% removed in this step. I suggest, especially if you are the type to wear a bit heavy make up such as foundie or BB cream, not to skip this step, ever! When cleansing eye makeup, do it very gently. Don't rub the eye area too hard, or it will make your eye prone to wrinkle and darkening.

STEP 2: Foam Cleansing
Foaming Cleanser (illustration)

I think every body uses foam cleansing in their daily skincare routine. There are also people who loves to use brush or sponge to help them in this cleansing process. I myself only use both my palm to create thick foam. The most important thing is making sure that the foam is smooth and thick enough to clean the whole face.

Good foam must look like a marshmallow, soft and bouncy, but don't eat it! (lol) The micro sized bubbles will cleanse your pores better and of course more gentle on your skin.

Splash Your Skin with Cool Water
This is additional step, but very important for me. So, I always spend more time on this step. I learn this technique from a Youtube beauty guru, Melodee Morita, and also from a Korean artist, Bae Suzy. After washing the facial foam you used earlier, next step is splashing your skin with cool water. Splashing your skin with cool water will help to tighten pores and making blood circulates better. Do it for several minutes (Bae Suzy herself suggests 4 minutes).
Splashing with cool water (illustration)

By doing this step, I can see big difference on my skin condition. This step helps me to make my skin more clean and smooth. This is a must for me!

STEP 3: Toner
Now that your face has been washed, it's time to give a toner! Well, I sometimes skip this step. But, I do feel that toner is an important step in skincare routine. If I feel like using a natural skincare regime, I use green tea as astringent. Just make your usual green tea, then dissolve it in more water in a basin. You can splash your face again using this water and let it dry without using towel.
Green tea (illustration)

Green tea is a powerful antioxidant and cancer prevention. So, it will be a healthy option for your skin. It also can help tighten your pores and make your skin clear smooth. An all natural, multipurpose toner option for your face. Oh, FYI, I learned about this green tea astringent from a Youtube video from Pony Beauty Diary.


Those are the cleansing steps that I've done for about a month. Only by changing my cleansing routine (without even changing any skincare/makeup products), I got an excellent result on my skin. I have less pimples than ever! Well, I do still have 1 or 2 pimples, but it never get overly inflamed or hurting my skin like it used to. Oh, I also can see that my pores are slightly become smaller (although it still can be seen, because I have veeeery big pores).

I hope that my cleansing method will be able to help you! Start your beautiful skin from a good cleansing! Next time I plan to share my facial massage method to detox your skin. Hope you enjoy this post :)

With love,

Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts