Natural Acne Remedy: Lime Juice


Hello my dear readers,
Have you ever have acne problem and you're out of your usual acne treatment cream? Well, not many of us had been in this situation. But, hey, I had been there! I was having a short trip and forgot to bring my usual acne cream. So, I thought I had to use natural remedy as an emergency helper (lol). I remembered that I've read somewhere that lime juice can be used as treatment for acne.



Warm lime juice water is one of my favorite drink. Well, lime juice is widely used in Indonesian households. It can be used to create warm drink to boost immunity and healthy looking skin (it contains health booster, vitamin C) or as additives in foods to add sour taste. It even used in dish-washing to help reducing oiliness and making the dish-washing process easier. Ah, the hairdresser in the salon I visited said that lime juice can also be used to fight dandruff. Very useful isn't it? Now, I am using it as my acne remedy and I love it!

Lime juice is rich in vitamin C. It acts as antibiotic and disinfecting agent to help healing your acne. How to use it? Just squeeze the lime until we have the juice. A little bit of lime juice is enough. Then we just need to apply the freshly squeezed lime juice onto the acne (we can use cotton ball or just clean finger to apply it). Then leave it for several minutes until it dries before rinsing it with water. Or, if you don't have any problem with this juice just leave it that way without rinsing :) like me!

Upon application there might be tingling sensation. The citric acid contained in lime juice is strong enough to peel the upper layer of skin. Well, if you put the juice directly onto the inflamed acne it will hurts a bit. Sometimes, my skin also can become itchy after applying lime juice. But, I just leave it.

The result? It helps to calm the inflamed acne. And my acne also heals faster. For me, that's pretty amazing. My usual acne treatment also gives almost the same result. So, I was happy to see that the emergency acne remedy worked really well :)

I still use my usual acne cream when I have pimples. But, I take it in turn with lime juice. I started to love this natural remedy. That's why I can't leave it even if I have my usual cream for acne treatment :)

Do you have other natural skincare? I think using natural skincare is way much cheaper and eco-friendly. So, it's better to have natural skincare if it works as good as the commercial ones. I hope that this post will inspire you to use natural ingredients for your beauty. See ya!


With love,

Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts