Review : Rachel K CC Pressed Powder Shade Deep


Hello Dear Readers!

In my previous post, I write about my Natural Sweet Make Up, where I use my current favorite pressed powder to give sheer and natural finish to the face. Now, I going to share my thought on this powder. For initial information, my skin is very sensitive, oily around T-zone, having big visible pores, and a lot of acne scars.

Rachel K is a cosmetic brand founded by Rachel Kum, a former miss Singapore. This brand is quite famous with their CC cream. But, I've never tried any of their CC cream yet (lol). This brand is quite popular as the secret makeup for beauty pageant contestants.


front view
The packaging is very pretty. I love the tiara print above the "CC". It creates luxurious feeling for this baby. I totally love the design.

back side, containing general information about the product
Description, usage, and ingredients information are provided on the back side of the box. It has 3 years expiry date. The manufactured date also printed on the side of the box (Sorry, I didn't take any picture of it). My powder is manufactured on September 2012, so I think I still can use it until 2015.

I have tan skin of southeast Asian people, perhaps around MAC NC 30-35? (I've never tried MAC foundation though). For comparison, I use Etude BB cream bright fit in W13 when I'm not on vacation(my skin tone is lighter at these times), the shade suits me well.

I originally choose Rachel K powder in Deep shade, to be used when I'm on vacation in my hometown, Bali. Because my skin usually get more tanned when I'm on vacation.

the content
Rachel K CC pressed powder in Deep actually isn't really dark. Upon application, it suits my lighter skin tone when I'm not on vacation, just a liiitle bit darker. It's even unnoticeable and looks perfectly just like my real skin. Maybe those with very dark skin tone will not find that this shade suites them well. 

This powder comes with travel friendly case. It contains puff and decent mirror. I always bring this power when I'm hanging out. Very easy to touch up using this powder to cover shininess around my T-zone. The puff is quite nice to be used when I'm on the go. But, I usually use kabuki brush to apply the powder to give more natural finish.

Now, my thought about this powder. This powder actually nice sheer to medium coverage. If you have deep pigmentation from acne scars like mine, it won't cover it perfectly. But if you have only minor skin problem, this powder is enough. The finish is matte, but doesn't look powdery. I love it! 

The downside is that this powder have average oil control. After several hours, my T-zone will get very oily and I need blotting paper to get rid of the oil before touching up again. The powder also tends to settle to the curve around the nose when my nose area become oily. This powder also tends to clog my pores if applied directly to the skin. I don't have the clogging problem anymore when I apply primer before the powder.

These picture will show my face before and after wearing the powder. In the before picture I only apply primer to cover my pores. In the after picture I use concealer to cover heavily pigmented scars. These pictures are from my Natural Sweet Makeup post.

Before
After
 As you can see in the pictures, the Deep shade only a little bit darker than my original skin tone. It is not noticeable and blends naturally with my skin. The finish is matte, but doesn't give powdery look. Sadly, my very oily nose area will make the powder settle into the curve around my nose after several hours. But, it's still  better than a lot of other powder that I've tried. So far, this is my favorite face powder. For everyday make up, I use it in turn with my Etude House's BB cream.

Conclusion
Pros:
  • Naturally blend with my skin (The most important thing!)
  • Matte, but not powdery finish
  • Travel friendly case
Cons:
  • Average oil control
  • Tends to clog pores (but can be solved by covering pores using primer before powder application)
Will I buy it again? Not sure. I think I still have a lot of time until I need to repurchase a face powder. Now they have their renew version, maybe I will repurchase their newest version at that time :)

With Love,


Lynn

Comments

  1. This looks like an Interesting brand to try :)
    Following you with GFC. Will appreciate if you follow back too!
    xoxo
    http://www.redraoalice.blogspot.com/2014/03/april-blog-giveaway-benefit-oriflame.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for very late reply...
      Thanks for following my blog :) I follow you back..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts